FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 1, 2011 – Capricio Salon and Spa is excited to kick off Breast Cancer awareness month with some upcoming events and promotions in order to raise money for the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer foundation. This outstanding foundation was established in 1982 and has risen over one billion dollars towards the fight against breast cancer. It is the largest organization in the world for breast cancer survivors and activists. Last October we held an event in honor of this organization at Suite Nightclub in Milwaukee raising an incredible $1704.16 that was donated! This wouldn’t have been possible without the participation of our local community, and we are happy to have the chance to do it again this year
Let's face it- we've all experimented with box colors and over-the-counter hair dye. More than likely, it didn't turn out as you'd expect...in fact, it was probably more of a mess than before you colored it!
As we approach Spring (and hopefully a warm Summer!), many men and women choose to update their haircolor to relect the season. Brunettes get warm, caramel highlights, blondes go from dirty to platinum, and red heads become a little more fiery than before thanks to updated strands.
Home hair color can be incredibly tempting, especially for those that are on a budget (who isn't?!). However, when searching for perfectly-painted highlights or lovely, lightened locks, avoid the urge to "experiment" with color at home. Recent salon surveys show that 9 out of 10 clients were unhappy with color they applied themselves. Similarly, the average cost to "fix" a boxed color application is at least $200 when performed by a professional- not including at-home products needed to repair or maintain the quality of the hair. Boxed colors can strip vital nutrients and moisture from hair, causing it to break and damage easily. Not to mention, the damage caused by at-home color can lead to uneven (and downright ugly!) coloring in the future.
10 Benefits of Hair Extensions
1. Not permanent. Unlike color and cuts, extensions are reversible! Try them out, if you feel they're not for you then take them out with little to no effects on your own hair.
2. Have length, but want volume? Adding extensions will pump up the volume and give your hair movement! Achieve the style you want with a little more volume!
3. Add length. Extensions will instantly give you the long hair you've been wanting. Get up to 22" in just a few hours!
4. Add color without any damage to your hair. Get highlights with the color of your choice. You can easily take them out when you're over it!
5. Feel more confident! You will instantly feel sexier, more feminine, and more energized!
6. Cover any split ends. When hair extensions are attached you will have healthy hair all over again! Extensions will help cover all your damaged ends and leave your hair looking shiny and fabulous!
7. Grow your natural hair out. Give your hair a break and let the extensions take the heat. While wearing the extensions it will give your hair time to grow to your desired length.
8. Look younger. Hair extensions will present a healthier, younger more vibrant looking you!
Mother's Day Celebration
Looking for something perfect for your mom? Look no further than Capricio Salon and Spa on the East Side of Milwaukee; right near the UW-Milwaukee campus. We offer a variety of services from luxurious hair color, to relaxing facials, body waxing, and the Brazilian Blowout Smoothing Treatment. Mother’s Day is a special time to celebrate the mother in your life. Our annual nomination contest is now being held! Nominate your mother to win a FREE MAKEOVER through our FACEBOOK! (www.facebook/capricioslaon.com) or follow us on twitter We have had excellent success in the past and look forward to learning why your mom is the most beautiful and deserving woman. It’s always a challenge of ours to pick the best one with so many great moms out there! This is your chance to give back to those who gave you life!
We are Number One!
“When you love what you do, every day is a Holiday,” this is the motto that Capricio Salon lives by. We genuinely love being in the business of beauty and making people feel beautiful! In 2010 we were awarded Best Salon in WISN’s Best of Milwaukee A-list competition. In 2011 we were recognized by the U.S. Commerce Association in their “Best of Local Business” program in the Hairdressers category. And now in 2012 we have been awarded a 5-Star rating in customer satisfaction from the Talk of the Town association as well as placing 3rd in the A-list competition! This could not have been possible without our loyal clientele and the incredible talent of our staff! Thank you to everyone who has supported us through the years!
At Capricio Salon & Spa, our talented hair and skin technicians will give you the time and expertise necessary to provide you with a unique, stylish look that complements your personality and your lifestyle..